Wednesday, May 21, 2014

COFFEE DATE.

One of my favorite things to do is catch up with someone over coffee. It's something I don't get to do nearly as often as I'd like to, but I love when it happens.

If you and I were sitting down for a cup of coffee, I would tell you I am writing this FROM MY DECK. Yes, Chicago finally got its head out of its ass and decided to warm the hell up. Thank God. I thought I'd never be able to put away my boots.

Then I would warn you I'm about to throw myself a pity party, you're invited. This quarter of school has been by far my hardest yet. And I am SO ready for it to be over. Just a few more weeks, self. June 10th can't come fast enough.

I would tell you that I just got a new job! Sort of....It's still in admissions, because I could never leave that place. But I am now the Tour Guide Coordinator. That means I'm in charge of about 42 tour guides (and counting). I'm crazy nervous and crazy excited. And also honored. So now I'll be working one job instead of two, which is also awesome. And being the boss lady doesn't sound so bad. It's very Leslie Knope, which is all good with me. Good vibes all around.



I would also tell you that I am missing David like crazy. After we had a great Mother's Day weekend in St. Louis visiting his family, I flew back to Chicago by myself and he is now in Europe for almost three weeks. Not only do I miss him a whole ton, but I'm insanely jealous. Copenhagen, Berlin, Amsterdam, London. Quite the lineup. I'll just live vicariously through him when he gets back. In 10 days. Not that I'm counting. Why would I be

I would tell you that my baby brother is graduating from high school TOMORROW. It's a really bizarre feeling. I think the weirdest part for me is that I feel like I was getting my diploma, like, two months ago. So weird to think he's at that stage now.

And somewhere in all that, you would tell me all about what's going on with you. What you fill your days with, what you're worrying about right now, what you watched on TV last night.

And then we'd get a second cup of coffee.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment