Sunday, March 30, 2014

THE SOUND OF SILENCE

R.I.P Spring Break. David and I spent the week up at the cabin, skiing and....couching. Lots of couching. It was so great. We slept in, ate when (and what) ever we wanted, watched movies in the middle of the day, and the best part was I didn't even feel guilty about it.

A massive amount of snow was dumped on our little town Thursday and it was like nothing I've ever seen before. Keep in mind, my man is a city boy through and through. Before Chicago, he was born and raised in St. Louis proper. He'd never experienced the kind of quiet a town with a population of 700 can offer. In the middle of this snow storm, we went for a walk. All of a sudden, he stops walking and shushes me. My mind immediately goes to us being devoured by a large animal, because...obviously. "Do you hear that?" he says. "Hear what?" "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I can hear the snow falling". It was kind of cool to watch him feel that for the first time.

After a week of bliss, we're finally back home. Just those few days away have made this city seem SO fricken loud it's unbelievable. Also, I'm pretty sure the number of people walking outside in the five blocks surrounding my apartment right now equal the number of people residing in that tiny town....

















post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment