Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hi...It's Me Again

Well, well, well. Here we are, doing this whole dance again. The "I haven't written in a long while, I come back to this page with my head down, tail between my legs, begging for mercy" dance. You know the one. But this time is different. Because while I was away, I realized something pretty crucial: I love this place. I love this little space of mine where I can voice my thoughts and put them somewhere. And I really love to write. Usually when life gets overwhelming, those things I love to do, the "un-necessaries" are the first to go out the window. But why? Why am I giving up the one creative outlet I have (because I really can't draw for shit) to make room for things that don't make me happy? Writing makes me happy so I'm going to do it. That might be incredibly elementary, but I'm sticking to it. Before, I used to get really hung up on my writing: the quality of it, what things I should and shouldn't write, whether things here were cohesive. Eventually those thoughts became major party killers: I didn't know exactly what to write so I just wouldn't. I started this blog to document my journey with mental health in the hopes that would help others. That's still something I'm extremely passionate about, but I don't want to limit myself to that. Because sometimes I want to share a recipe on here because God knows if I don't put it somewhere, I won't remember exactly how much sugar I put in there and it won't taste nearly as good next time. And sometimes, I go to really cool places and restaurants, and maybe if I get REALLY crazy I'll attempt one of those DIY projects that's been sitting on my Pinterest board for months mocking me.

I guess my point is I'm reinventing my space. Hell, it's still January. New year, new me? Is that still fair game? No? Okay. Well either way, this is going to become my favorite place again. Simply because it makes me happy.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment